South Parkland offers both in-house, recreational and travel soccer programs each fall and spring serving kids from age 3-19. Over the summer, the club will offer weekly summer pick-up games and a week long evening soccer camp. During the winter season, we offer technical training sessions for our players aged 10 and under.
In-House Programs (ages 3-6):
FUNdamentals (u4 age):
- Children will learn the basics of soccer by playing fun games while maximizing the number of touches they get with the soccer ball. Some activities may need parent interaction! FUNdamentals aims to foster an early love for the game of soccer by promoting sportsmanship and teamwork, all while having lots of fun!
- The FUNdamentals program will be held on Saturday mornings at Lone Lane Park (1 hr / week).
PreK (u5 age) / Kinder (u6 age):
- Practices and games are held at Lone Lane Park.
- The weekday practice will usually start at ~5:30PM and will run no longer than one hour. The weekday practice will focus on developing the basic skills of soccer via the use of drills and fun games. Depending on coaches availability we usually have teams practicing on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evenings.
- Teams will play small sided games on Saturday mornings. The games usually start about 2 weeks into the season and will last around 45 minutes after a short team warm-up. There are no referees, no score keeping and no goalies in our 4v4 games.
U7 (primarily 6-7 year olds)
- Practices and games are primarily held at Grange Park.
- The weekday practice will usually start at ~5:30PM and will run ~1 hour.
- The u7 program focuses on helping the children learn more about soccer while preparing them for the older recreation programs with SPYA. The practices will typically consist of drills and scrimmaging. Some drills will be fun/game based others will be coordination and skill. Depending on coaches availability we usually have teams practicing on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evenings.
- Teams will play small sided games on Saturday mornings. Games will be 4 ten-minute quarters with a 5 min half time. At this age group, the games are 5v5 (4 field players and a goalie) and the players will be exposed to all of the positions. There are no referees and no score keeping in our 5v5 games.
U7 Pre-Travel (primarily 6 and 7 year olds)
- In 2015, SPYA introduced the Pre-Travel Program. This program is designed to allow the u7 recreation player an opportunity to train, play, and develop in preparation for playing u9 Travel Soccer at the appropriate time. The program is open to committed players who enjoy the game and are interested in playing for the SPYA Travel Teams. The Pre-Travel Program will allow for u7 and u8 players who have advanced skills to join a program that will help them transition from recreational soccer to travel soccer at the u9 age group. Placement on a pre-travel team does not guarantee a spot on an SPYA travel team.
- Two 1 to 1.5 hr practices per week (days / length are at coaches discretion)
- Trainer: The pre-travel teams will have 6 sessions with a professional trainer each season.
- The pre-travel teams may participate in festivals and tournaments.
Recreational Soccer Programs (Age Groups Offered: u8, u10, u12, u14, u16 and u19)
- Practices: Two practices per week (days / length are at coaches discretion).
- Pre-travel option for u8: See description for u7 pre-travel.
- Games: Most teams participate in the NVYSL (nvysl.com) League.
- During the fall season, NVYSL games for u8, u10 and u12 will be played on Saturdays. NVYSL games for u14, u16 and u19 will be played on Sundays.
- During the spring season, NVYSL games for u8, u10 and u12 will be played on Sundays. NVYSL games for u14, u16 and u19 will be played on Saturdays.
Travel Soccer Programs (Age Groups Offered: u9, u10, u11, u12, u13, u14, u15, u16 and u19)
- Practices: Two or Three practices per week (days / length are at coaches discretion).
- Games: Teams will be place in an appropriate competitive league. SPYA travel teams will play in the LVYSL (lvysl.org), ICSL (icslsoccer.org) or EDP (edpsoccer.com) leagues.
- Game days are dependent on the league but will be scheduled on either Saturdays or Sundays.