BEST PRACTICES FOR RETURN TO PLAY
SPYA is in the planning stage for a return to play. In consideration of returning to the field, SPYA will be adhering to the guidelines set forth by the CDC and other government agencies.
- All individuals (including but not limited to coaches, players and fans) should check their temperature to ensure there is no fever present before participating in any baseball activities. Anyone with symptoms of fever, cough, or worsening respiratory activity, or anyone with known exposure to a person with COVID-19 should not attend any baseball activities.
- No handshakes or personal contact celebrations should happen during any baseball activities. After the game the teams will line up on the baselines and tip their hats to the opposing team.
- No sharing of drinks or food of any kind. As such, sunflower seeds, gum, etc. are not permitted on the field or in the dugout. All individuals must have their own drinks. No spitting will be allowed.
- Coaches and players should be assigned spaces in the dugout or on the bleachers to remain socially distant. Players must remain in their assigned spot until it’s time to bat or take the field.
- Coaches are required to wear a mask at all times. Players will be required to wear a mask when they are not on the field. Players may choose to wear a mask in the field, but will not be required to do so.
- Players should not share ANY equipment.
- Baseballs should be rotated on a regular basis to ensure limited contact. Foul balls will only be retrieved by coaches and players. Fans should NOT retrieve baseballs that leave the field of play.
- Times between practices and games on shared fields will be spread out to allow for the previous team to leave the premises. Do not arrive to the field more than 30 minutes prior to your assigned time. If you arrive earlier, please remain in your car until the previous team has completely vacated the area.
- Fans should practice social distancing while attending any baseball activities. Fans should wear a cloth mask while in attendance of practices and games. Fans should have no personal contact with coaches, players and other fans that do not reside in your household.
With these practices in place we should be able to have a productive fall baseball season.
SPYA reserves the right to refuse any player or fan access to the field if these rules are not being followed.