This is the Boys only travel and rec tryout schedule. The girls schedule is still being finalized and will be sent soon.
Southern Parkland Youth Basketball Program (2023/2024)
(please check www.spya.org for schedule changes)
Boys Travel Team Tryouts (JV & LVL)
3rd & 4th Grades Monday, Oct 9, 6-7:00, Veterans Gym (250 Twin Ponds Road Breinigsville, PA 18031)
Tuesday, Oct 10, 6:00-7:00, Veterans Gym
5th & 6th Grade Monday, Oct 9, 7:15-8:15, Veterans Gym
Tuesday, Oct 10, 7:15-8:15, Veterans Gym
7th Grade Monday , Oct 9, 8:30-9:30, Veterans Gym
Tuesday, Oct 10, 8:30-9:30, Veterans Gym
8th & 9th Grades Wednesday, Oct 11, 7:00-8:00, Veterans Gym
Thursday, Oct 12, 7:00-8:00, Veterans Gym
* cannot turn 15 before Jun 1, 2019
Boys Intramural Team Evaluations
3rd Grade Sunday, Nov 12, 10:00-11:00, Springhouse
4th Grade Sunday, Nov 12, 11:00-12:00, Springhouse Gym
5th Grade Sunday, Nov 12, 12:00-1:00, Springhouse Gym
6th Grade Sunday, Nov 12, 1:00-200, Springhouse Gym
7th Grade Sunday, Nov 12, 2:00-3:00, Springhouse Gym
8th Grade Sunday, Oct 29, 3:00-4:00, Springhouse Gym
9th – 12th Grades Teams will be assigned and players notified by the coaches.
Registration & Tryout Notes
- Volunteers are needed. Please sign up to be a head or assistant coach. We will reach out to coaches once players have been evaluated
- Please arrive 10 minutes early for all tryouts and evaluations. Do not bring a basketball to tryouts and/or evaluations.
- Registration must be complete in advance in order to try-out for travel teams. Players will not be allowed to participate in tryouts if not registered online prior to the tryouts.
- For travel tryouts, parents/guardians are to sign the player in and then return to pick the player up at the end of the scheduled time. Parents/guardians/families are not permitted in the gym or school during the tryout session.
- Players must attend at least one of the travel tryouts in order to be selected on a travel team. If you wish to participate in the travel tryouts but cannot attend either of the scheduled sessions, please contact one of the people listed below.
- Participants outside the Parkland School District area are able to join / try-out for a team only if there are open spots on the team at their appropriate age level.
- All travel and intramural teams are subject to change based on the number of participants, availability of coaches, and the ability to compete at that level (travel only). United teams with other organizations may be formed at any level if necessary.
- Players who do not attend the intramural evaluations will be placed on teams in a random fashion.
- Players cannot play for two (2) teams – organizations during the season.
- Travel players cannot play on a recreational team – for any organization.
- Refunds will be given to players that makes a Parkland School Team. Players can play for both teams.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the appropriate contact below. SPYA hopes to make this a rewarding and enjoyable Basketball season for all the players.
Jonas Tolliver Boys Travel Coordinator email@example.com
David Kentner Girls Travel -Rec. Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org 610-360-9433c
David Kentner K – 1st Grade Coordinator email@example.com
David Kentner 2nd Grade Boys Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Intramural Boys/Girls 3rd grade – 8th grade Coordinator TBD
Jonas Tolliver SPYA Basketball Commissioner Basketball@spya.org