2022 Basketball Boys Travel Tryout and Boys Intramural Evaluation Schedule
This is the Boys only travel and rec tryout schedule. The girls schedule is still being finalized and will be sent soon.
Southern Parkland Youth Basketball Program (2022/2023)
(please check www.spya.org for schedule changes)
Boys Travel Team Tryouts (JV & LVL)
3rd & 4th Grades Sunday, Oct 9, 11:00-12:30, Orefield Gym
Thursday, Oct 13, 6:00-7:30, New Veterans Gym
5th & 6th Grade Sunday, Oct 9, 1:00-2:30, Orefield Gym
Thursday, Oct 13, 7:30-9:00, New Veterans Gym
7th Grade Sunday, Oct 16, 12:00-1:30, Orefield Gym
Wednesday, Oct 19, 6:00-7:30, New Veterans Gym
Extra Tryout Wednesday, Oct 26th 6-6:45pm New Veterans Gym
8th & 9th Grades Wednesday, Oct 26, 7:00-9:00, New Veterans Gym
* cannot turn 15 before Jun 1, 2019
Boys Intramural Team Evaluations
3rd Grade Sunday, Oct 23, 12:00-1:00, Orefield Gym
4th Grade Sunday, Oct 23, 1:00-2:00, Orefield Gym
5th Grade Sunday, Oct 23, 2:00-3:00, Orefield Gym
6th Grade Sunday, Oct 23, 3:00-400, Orefield Gym
7th Grade Sunday, Oct 30, 12:00-1:00, Orefield Gym
8th Grade Sunday, Oct 30, 12:00-1:00, Orefield Gym
9th – 12th Grades Teams will be assigned and players notified by the coaches. and notified sometime in November 2022
Registration & Tryout Notes
- Volunteers are needed. Please sign up to be a head or assistant coach.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early for all tryouts and evaluations. Do not bring a basketball to tryouts and/or evaluations.
- Registration must be complete in advance in order to try-out for travel teams. Players will not be allowed to participate in tryouts if not registered online prior to the tryouts.
- For travel tryouts, parents/guardians are to sign the player in and then return to pick the player up at the end of the scheduled time. Parents/guardians/families are not permitted in the gym or school during the tryout session.
- Players must attend at least one of the travel tryouts in order to be selected on a travel team. If you wish to participate in the travel tryouts but cannot attend either of the scheduled sessions, please contact one of the people listed below.
- Participants outside the Parkland School District area are able to join / try-out for a team only if there are open spots on the team at their appropriate age level.
- All travel and intramural teams are subject to change based on the number of participants, availability of coaches, and the ability to compete at that level (travel only). United teams with other organizations may be formed at any level if necessary.
- Players who do not attend the intramural evaluations will be placed on teams in a random fashion.
- Players cannot play for two (2) teams – organizations during the season.
- Travel players cannot play on a recreational team – for any organization.
- Refunds will be given to players that makes a Parkland School Team. Players can play for both teams.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the appropriate contact below. SPYA hopes to make this a rewarding and enjoyable Basketball season for all the players.
Jonas Tolliver Boys Travel Coordinator email@example.com
David Kentner Girls Travel -Rec. Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
David Kentner K – 1st Grade Coordinator email@example.com
David Kentner 2nd Grade Boys Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Zach Roberts 3rd & 4th Grade Boys Coordinator email@example.com
Zach Roberts 5th & 6th Grade Boys Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Zack Roberts 7th & 8th Grade Boys Coordinator email@example.com
Carlos Lopez 9th – 12th Grade Boys Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonas Tolliver SPYA Basketball Commissioner